Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Morning


Oh Monday - how did you get here already?!

This weekend was a good mix of relaxing, errands, and excitement. My beloved Green Bay Packers walloped the Falcons - which made the weekend an overall success. I grocery shopped, organized, and RQ ventured to the outlets with me.

I also set out for a four mile run this weekend - which is the longest I've logged in a couple of months. After an injury and many months of non-running - it's hard to ease back into running. It's hard to look at 4 miles as a long run - because during weeks of 60+ miles- 4 is an easy run. I've been trying to think back to my beginning as a runner - a freshman in high school - when my very first day of cross-country was the longest I had ever run (3 miles!)

The run felt really great - although I'm getting frustrated that it's dark so soon. Where we live - it's dangerous to run anyplace but our neighborhood. My 4 miler had to be a 2-mile loop twice - which is fine until we get up near 8 miles... My leg didn't bother me too bad - it was actually more sore from my exercises and strengthening than from pain which is a great sign!

When I get tired during a run - I always try and think about why I love to run so much - and how much pain and depression I went through when I couldn't run. Most of my favorite photographs are of running! Seeing them reminds me of the passion and energy and time I had to put into each experience - and takes me back to the friendships I made from each.




No comments:

Post a Comment