Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Years Resolution

Last year around April, RQ introduced me to Google Reader. Since then, I've been reading my reader daily and while it always inspires me to blog, when I actually sit down to get something started, I feel like I have nothing to say. Or nothing that's good enough. In order to combat that - I've decided to making blogging one of my New Years Resolutions.

While I was in Paris -I did a really good job of both blogging and keeping in contact with people. Living in Paris was perhaps the best six months of my life, and looking back I'm so grateful that I have the time so well preserved through a book of my conversations with others and my blog. Occasionally I still look back at my blog and sometimes I even get emails from "mes amies" telling me they just reread the blog and had a good time laughing at our misadventures.

The last time I blogged on here - RQ and I were just about to move into our house. We successfully closed, moved in, decorated, and celebrated Halloween within about four days. Everyday I open the garage and walk into MY house, I feel so blessed.

I have been running on and off since then. I've been trying to build back up to a level of working out that actually relieves stress for me - which is about an hour or two. Back in high school and college I was working out at least two hours a day - and while I'm not quite ready to make such a commitment, seven days a week, it's where I'm headed. With FRC (aka Robot mania) starting for RQ - I've been trying to think of things that will keep me from going insane. I've also already started thinking about how I'm going to bring in my 24th year of life (although I'm having a hard time remembering my age...). The decision I came to was to try training for a marathon and if my leg holds up - aim for a marathon on my birthday weekend!

It's 20 weeks until my birthday weekend. In about three weeks, I'll make my decision. Hopefully blogging will be a way to both keep my New Years Resolution and track my training!

No comments:

Post a Comment